Got this bad cold after a long long time. The nose is running I say, and then I wish, it was truly and really running. I would not be in all this trouble if it just ran away, would I?
It all started perhaps when one of the kids in the train let out a big sneeze. Perhaps one of the virus particles ( it is not even a living thing when it is floating around, can you imagine that?) got into my respiratory system. Then the trouble began. It started eating away at my good cells in the body and started multiplying. The more the merrier is perhaps their motto when they are inside the human body!!!!!
Then eventually my throat started feeling as if someone was scraping away the lining and the head was as heavy as a huge rock , my eyes welled with water (people around thought that I was grieving for the fall of the sensex!).
Of course with all this cold in place there was a lot of advice forthcoming. Some one said have a lot of hot liquids will do you a world of good. One said drink some hot water with a drop of tulsi juice and some honey ( sounds like asterix's magic potion na?). There were was this old wives tale which said "feed a cold and starve a fever". I thought well why not. So I went on this eating binge!!!!!!!! HOpe I can rid all the weight I put on during this phase soon. May be the depression you go through when you have this cold makes you eat.
Then ultimately it was time to consult the doc. After all a cold that does not go away in a couple of days needs attention. May be there is something wrong with the sinuses. May be it is the starting of some grave new disease.
The doc took one look and said that there was an epidemic and gave some colourful tablets to be swallowed along with every meal. I have taken the pills diligently for the last few days. Did the cold go away, no, not immediately. It is taking its own time. The virus is not happy having to back down in a hurry . It has not found any able bodies person it can latch on to once it leaves me.
In the meanwhile, I continue to speak in a nasal tone. Have a lot of breathing problems and have been wheezing and coughing my way through conversations. It will not get any better with the morning smog slowly settling down.
And now the doc says that the cold has actually gone away, but then it has infected my sinuses. Now there is a whole new set of tablets to be taken. A whole new generation of viruses ( If only It was a computer virus ,Just format the hard disk and you are done!!!!!). to be tackled.
I only hope and pray that in the meanwhile I do not get attacked by a new set of virus which sends my nose running all over again!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
hi...i read your comment in my blog. konbac is located next to hotel abhimanyu. it would be about half a kilometer from kudal college.
Post a Comment