Friday, May 16, 2008

Back to Basics. Well almost!


Spent some part of the summer at Kudal. I should say Sarambal. It is 3 kms from the Kudal station and almost the most serene place in the world. The morning alarm is sounded by the robins, king fishers, and the wag tails. The sun spreads its golden fingers from above the small hills in through the front door. The non stop winds rings the chimes in the hall almost all afternoon. What more can one ask for.

As I said it is a serene place and basic in its amenities. Of course with the help of electricity we have made the pad a more liveable place according to mordern man. But no TV, no Newspapers. So very far removed from the world.

Of course we have a nice garden to potter around, so instead of the colours of the TV screen, we see some colourful flowers come up. We see some nice butterflies and birds flying around and of course along with it come up some nice melons, tomatoes and bananas.Almost like a scene out of the Nat Geo channel

Gone are the days of working out in the gym. Instead we walk 4 kms to get our daily ration of milk and other essentials. The walk is up and down, lined by trees. Trees means birds, so the walk is pleasant. Sometimes we see peacocks, sometimes it is hornbills, and other times may be a group of black headed golden orioles.

The evenings are spent in just walking around the village, watching the goats come back from their daily grazing routine.

As I said an amazing place to be in. I am glad some of the family members liked it and visited us, soaking in the ambience. I do hope more people will come over and take away part of the pleasurable experience in the future.

No comments: